Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful: Feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative

Not so long ago, my hubby and I were going out to dinner. As we got to the front doors, we saw that a group of women were leaving the restraunt. Russ quickly grabbed for the door and held it open for them. Amazingly, not one of them said THANK YOU or even acknowledge his kindness. In fact, they pretty much ignored the courtesy, almost as though they expected it or were entitled to it.

As surprising as this lack of manners is, I can't claim that I'm any different. I do make a point to say THANK YOU or good morning, etc. to folks who show a kindness to me, but I often forget to THANK the One that has provided me with so many blessings to begin with. In that way, I'm not much different from the ladies at the restaurant...ungrateful and entitled.

A few months ago, a friend sent me a saying on Facebook that said, "Imagine if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today." Wow! How powerful is that? If that was true, sadly, there would be many days that I would wake up without a whole heck of a lot!  It's so easy to get caught up in asking God for things, but never THANKING Him for the many gifts and kindnesses He has shown us.  I've been working on taking time throughout the day to say a quick "THANK YOU!" to Him. I'm working on remembering to start my prayers with THANKS and praise, so that God knows I do appreciate the many wonderful blessings and gifts that He has given me. I'm am so very THANKFUL...more than I could ever express!

Have you THANKED Him today?

"Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." 
Ephesians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment