Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blessed: divinely favored

Have you ever had one of those moments when you look around and realize just how BLESSED you are?

That's where I find myself right now. I'm sitting on my couch, looking out the french doors to the backyard, thinking back on the day and it amazes me how many BLESSINGS God has given me. As I sit here the flat screen TV is playing, dinner is cooking on the stove, and my puppies are running around chasing squirrels. My husband is on his way home, from a job that was an answer to prayer, so that we can spend this evening together. I've had the chance to talk to my mom on the phone this morning and she gave me some great ideas. My teaching partner is one of my best friends. She is creative, caring, and a fabulous listener. I work at a school with teachers I admire and a few I aspire to be. My students are inquisitive, creative, funny, and hardworking. The weather is gorgeous, perfect for keeping the doors open and the air blowing through the house.

Bottom line...I can't complain. Of course, I do...but I shouldn't...I am BLESSED!

How cool is it to be able to stop and remember that?

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ" Ephesians 1:3

1 comment:

  1. I actually heard the phrase divinely favored on a Madea movie! I thought to myself that all my life I have felt like God has really had my back. Especially when I do really dumb things he always works it out for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete